Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week 8: Friends in Need



I had to leave the Market early this week, as my flight to Bristol was at 1pm I couldn't really stay any later than 11am without risking incurring the wrath of Ryanair! So my baking menu was also a good bit smaller, with just a Banana Bread and the staple Vanilla & Chocolate Cupcakes (large ones only though, the teeny ones are fiddly and time-consuming and were going to cut into packing time!) Thankfully my friend Tanya (pictured above, ooh spot my Cupcake earrings!! so cute!) was able to step in and help me with transport and setting up the stall this week, and even dropped me to the airport, the angel! :) (I'm just glad she was able to accept her payment/taxi fare in cupcakes!!) The other girls on the Market were a great help too, with Niamh offering to cover my stall and ensure my orders got to their regulars. I love that aspect to Market life - everybody helping each other - it's a great buzz.


I am on a serious high after my weekend in Wales now, if the great company, wonderfully welcoming locals, and the breathtakingly beautiful scenery wasn't enough, I was also surfing for the first time in about 6 years! I'd forgotten how addictive it can be and after the wave-based dreams I had last night I think I have the bug again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment