Friday, June 26, 2009

Marathon Baking Session Ahead!

This is going to be an unprecedented weekend of baking... It all kicked off on Wednesday night when I prepared Oatmeal Cookie dough for a friend that's going travelling today and had requested snacks that would last the journey. It continued last night with the Lemon Pound Cake pictured above, I'm using the Joy of Baking website to full advantage lately! Tonight is Baking Day for the Farmer's Market as normal, with Vanilla & Chocolate Cupcakes and Banana Bread on the menu as usual. But I also have rhubarb that I bought in the Market last week that I wanted to bake into Rhubarb Crumble Muffins, so I'll have to see if I have time for that. The marathon effort continues into Saturday with an invitation to dinner with friends, that came with a proviso that I should be accompanied by a dozen cupcakes to secure that invite! I'm just hoping I have leftovers from that morning because I have also committed myself to baking for a Sunday market this weekend (!!) I'm not sure when I'll have time to sleep... but I'll struggle through somehow... I might just fall in to bed on Sunday evening at about 5pm but it would be worth it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment